Solar Batteries in NZ
Where to Find Solar Batteries in NZ for On Demand Power Storage
Are you in the market for solar batteries in NZ? Using the sun to generate power for your home, boat or other application is by far one of the most eco-friendly ways to do so — but when the sun goes down, or you need power on demand, you need a way to access energy quickly. With the right solution for storage, such as a solar battery, you can rely on a steady stream of power to reduce your demand for mains power, or — where it is not available — to replace it altogether for a period of time. At Current Generation, power storage is our focus, and assisting you in achieving independence is our goal. How can we help you arrive at the best products for your applications?
Tips Regarding Solar Battery Storage
Understanding where to begin is an important first step. Establishing some basic facts concerning what you should know about solar batteries can be especially helpful. Keep these tips in mind as you start exploring your options:
- Not all battery technologies stand on an equal footing. There are several types that you may choose to use, but some require periodic maintenance, while others will have different charging capabilities. Today, lithium-ion batteries represent an excellent choice, with better charging capacity and fewer maintenance needs.
- You'll likely need a tailored setup using multiple batteries to enjoy satisfactory performance. One battery - or even two - isn't enough to power most applications; you should aim to store a substantial amount of energy for daily use, which requires a battery cabinet.
- Don't expect to completely escape the need for grid power just yet. Even with multiple batteries, there will be a limit to how much your PV system can produce; you may still need to rely on some grid power, but you can reduce your overall grid dependence.
The Best Advice You Can Hear About Solar System Batteries
Now that you know a little more about these products, what about actually purchasing them? Here's some of the best advice we provide based on our decade and a half of experience:
- Sizing your system appropriately is absolutely essential for long-term success. That means exploring the options, doing the research and seeking professional advice on what type and how many batteries you'll need.
- Safety should always be a key consideration in system design. Some older types of batteries can produce hydrogen gas - a by-product of charging - which can build up to dangerous levels. Li-Ion batteries, on the other hand, have fewer safety concerns.
- Batteries do wear out eventually — have a plan for how you will ultimately contend with battery degradation, including the need for replacement.
Tips for Getting More Value Out of a Solar Panel Battery
Investing in solar can require some substantial outlays up front — but the good news is these investments tend to pay for themselves over time. To ensure that you can make the most of your investment in batteries, here's how you can extend their value:
- Choose solar power battery solutions that align with your needs not only today, but tomorrow as well. You may want to expand your system someday, or your power needs may increase over time. Invest in a system that is easy to expand later.
- Understand the maintenance necessary to keep batteries performing optimally. While you don't need to worry about gassing Li-Ion batteries, some steps, such as battery rotation for even charging, may still be necessary.
- Rely on an experienced supplier to connect you with the most well-regarded products. Not only will this ensure reliable outcomes, but it can bring you closer to the right price point, too.
Why Choose Current Generation
Honesty is our policy and has been since the day we began this business; we believe that every solar installation is unique and that there are no "one size fits all" solutions that can truly deliver dependable operation. With a diverse team of seasoned solar professionals on hand, we can examine in detail your current setup, existing and future power needs and more to determine the right products for your purposes. To find out more about your options or to arrange for a consultation and site visit today, please get in touch now.