Hydro Power NZ
Hydro Power on Your NZ Property is the Perfect Renewable Power Supply
Utilise the water flowing on your property to generate hydropower using NZ built hydro turbines. Hydropower is a cost-effective and renewable energy source that generates power twenty-four hours a day, ensuring you have a constant power supply.
Benefits of a Micro Hydro Turbine
There are many benefits to installing a hydroelectric generator on your site, including:
- Low environmental impact – Water is a renewable energy source because it is not consumed during the energy production process. Instead, the water continues to flow and is available for other uses such as irrigation and drinking. A micro hydro turbine is non-polluting as it generates electricity and is unobtrusive on your property. While large hydroelectric dams can have a significant impact on wildlife and vegetation, a small turbine can be installed with minimal impact to local wildlife.
- Produces energy efficiently – A micro-hydro turbine can generate a high amount of energy from a small amount of water flow. The turbine can convert up to 90% of the water-energy into electric energy. At Current Generation, we carry the PowerSpout, which is manufactured in New Zealand with up to 68% recycled materials. It has low purchase and maintenance costs, is weather resistant and built to last for years. This product is modular, which means you can expand your system to suit your water situation. The units connect and work together to generate power.
- Provides power security – Water runs twenty-four hours a day, which makes it more reliable than solar power or other renewable energy sources. Due to the constant nature of running water, your system will require fewer batteries for power storage. Fewer batteries save you money and reduce your impact on the environment by lowering the environmental impact associated with battery manufacturing and disposal.
Tips for Getting More Value Out of Your Hydroelectric Generator
Get the most out of your generator:
- Thoroughly inspect and understand the site for your generator. A water turbine requires adequate water flow, both pressure and volume. The greater the water pressure and water volume, the more power your unit will generate. While you can complete the measurements and calculations yourself, we recommend working with a professional to ensure you have the correct measurements and select the right system for your property.
- Avoid poor performance by installing the system correctly. An experienced professional will ensure your generator is installed using the correct pipes, with efficient angles, the DC switch is in a waterproof container, and much more. Installing the unit correctly ensures that you are getting the most electricity from your running water.
- Regularly monitor your unit and perform scheduled maintenance. Monitoring your unit closely will ensure you notice any rusting or wear early, so you can remedy the issue quickly before a more costly repair or replacement is required. Completing regular maintenance will maintain the products warranty and help the unit last longer, allowing you to get the most value out of your investment.
Why Current Generation
We have over fifteen years’ experience in the industry as a supplier of energy storage. Our team can help you design your hydroelectric or solar power system to act as a main or standby power source.
Contact us to determine if a hydroelectric generator is right for your property.